We are now at the end of Mindful March (that conveniently takes us in to a lovely long weekend that we can maybe take advantage of and practise some mindfulness!)
Here is a quick roundup of what we covered in the emails this month -
- The freedom mindfulness can bring once you learn to accept what is happening to you at any time.
- Being present - learning to enjoy as many moments as possible throughout the day, no matter how mundane they can be.
- Connecting with your inner child - children have a great habit of living for the moment and making each day the best it can be.
- Using the moments our mind wanders during meditation for the better! It is usually in these moments that we are able to listen to parts of our brain that gets drowned out by daily 'noise'.
- Mindful eating - using mindfulness to help you make healthier lifestyle choices - whatever that means for you.
- Sam's inspirational story of 9 years sober and reaching the milestone of '500 days of mindfuless' - being mindful of gratitude towards everyone who helped along the journey.
We also launched SMASH meditation where we have been using the amazing Calm app after our lunch time SMASH classes to settle the mind and focus on the anchor that is always within us - our breath.
We are so passionate about mindfulness - it is part of the reason we created SMASH in the first place - and we have been amazed at all the questions we have had in club and via email. It shows that so many of you are interested in protecting your mental health and the proof is out there that mindfulness is one of the best ways to combat stress, anxiety, all types of depression, low moods, irritability, obesity... the list could really go on! It is such a 'buzz' word at the moment but we really do believe that the next generations to come will question why it took us all so long to get started in the first place! If you are already are on your own mindfulness journey, please keep it up! If you aren't, ask yourself this? Do you want to suffer less anxiety? Do you want to react better to stress/depression/low moods? Do you want to enjoy every single day, from the stressful ones to the incredible ones (and everything in between!)? If so, start the journey today, stick with it and really feel what it's like to be in control...
Have an amazing long weekend! Whatever you get up to, be mindful of every moment and enjoy it
Sam and Ash
P.S. Thanks to everyone who has reached out to us on email, Instagram and in club over the past few weeks. The feedback has been amazing and we are so appreciative of all the kind words. Just knowing we are helping in some small way reminds us that we are doing what we set out to do - getting people feeling more comfortable with their body, learning to know their own strength and discovering the power of the mind
On that note, our biggest announcement yet is coming next Wednesday....