Ash here as Sam is climbing Ben Nevis! If you get to read this Sam (not sure what the signal is like in the mountains!) enjoy every minute of the hike, I am so proud of you for all the challenges you take on - you inspire me so much!
In Wednesday's email we asked you to tell someone close to you how proud of them you are. Did you manage to do it? If so, how did it make you feel? Hopefully you were filled with positivity from the response you got, praise can help evoke feelings of happiness, content and gratitude With that in mind, when was the last time you were proud of yourself? How often do you take a moment to recognise your achievements? How often do you truly stop and think about every hurdle you have overcome to be the amazing person you are today? How often do you list all the positive qualities that so many people love you for?
Here is a challenge -
Make a list of 5 things you are proud of (and that are only about you!). This doesn't have to be what you are most proud of, just what comes to mind first!
We like to lead by example so here are some of mine -
1. At 19 I moved to London from a small town in the west midlands, 16 years later I am still here and love my life! I'm proud of that.
2. I'm proud that I am helping people be a little bit happier - I have one of the best jobs in the world.
3. Having the determination to make mindfulness part of my life. It was hard to begin with but I stuck with it, and for that I am proud (and happier!).
4. I'm proud of the way I dealt with every heartbreak and stressful experience because it made me who I am today. It wasn't always easy, and I had periods where life was not particularly great, but through it all I discovered that I am strong.
5. I have a heart filled with love because I have taken the time to build special relationships with so many people who have helped influence me in a positive way. I'm proud that I am able to allow myself to be loved, and love in return.
What we are proud of will be different to each of us, in so many ways, but every great deed, every mistake, every hurdle overcome, every sacrifice and achievement that has taken us to this moment, right now, is worth being proud of. So, what are your 5 things?...
As always, feel free to share and email back - we love hearing from you and learning more about what makes you so great! But even if you don't want to share with anyone else, take the moment to write down your points or think of all the great things you have to be proud of - you may surprise yourself.
Live every day with pride